10 April 2014

Kids Clothes Week: Day 4

Okay, I promised pictures. I managed to take a few pictures of my first attempt at Geranium:

Geranium in an animal alphabet print
This is the 3-6 month size. E. is nearly 8 months, but the bodice is loose enough to be comfortable and give a little room to grow, and the skirt's a bit long on her. Yes, my child is tiny. I did "View B": pleated skirt, faux-cap sleeves, with the optional cut-out neckline. I skipped the pockets, though I have a version of this planned with a contrasting bodice and skirt that may get pockets made of the bodice fabric.

I mostly-finished another one yesterday in a rocketship print, and another one is cut out: a stars and planets print skirt and a green bodice. Those are all pleated skirts with the faux-cap sleeves, but I'm planning to try the gathered skirt at some point, too, and I have one set of fabrics picked out that I think would work will with the flutter sleeve.

My parents are coming for a visit this weekend, so I'm not sure if I'll hit the requisite time-length of an hour a day or not. I've managed a couple days where I got in a couple hours so I'm not going to worry too much if Saturday's a wash. This is for fun, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets posted as soon as possible. I currently get so few comments that I moderate to avoid spamming.