22 January 2010

I haven't had as much time for knitting in the last couple weeks as I did during the holidays. It's been back to work and school. I do spend more time on campus now, which reminds me, oddly, of the hours spent on campus when I went to community college. Back then, I spent a lot of time in the ceramics lab or in the language department (which was in the same building as the machine programming department where my dad works--never quite understood why). Now I spend most of my time at the linguistics building, of course. Today, for example, I have class at 9, I'm done at 10, but since I also work the closing shift at the university library on Fridays, I have this enormous gap of time until 3. It's good for doing homework in. I have some writing to do today, some reading, and some math (acoustic phonetics is forcing me to remember algebra and trig, and making me wish I had taken stats when I had the chance). And, of course, I always bring my knitting.

Right now my project of choice is a pair of entrelac socks. My sweater is too large to bring with me and the mittens are too complicated, since I spend most of the time working on them staring at the chart (past the thumb gusset and working on palm, but not to the decreases yet, and still on first mitten). Entrelac mostly doesn't take a lot of concentration. I don't have a picture yet, but I'll try to take one when I get to the heel. The yarn I'm using slowly changes colour, and the colour change usually hits about when I start the next entrelac row, which is what I was hoping for.

And that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets posted as soon as possible. I currently get so few comments that I moderate to avoid spamming.