There is a sweater on the floor, in the section of my living room where I block things and where I often have a rack set up for hang-dry clothes. Here it is.
I washed it in the bathtub, as per usual, rolled it up into a towel to squeeze out the water, rolled it up into another towel to squeeze out more water, and then laid it out to dry.
Here's a detail of the button band. The buttons I used were ones I got at at the Button Emporium a couple years ago. I've been waiting a while to use them. They have the claddagh symbol on them, so my sweater matches my wedding ring quite nicely.
I will have to go over the buttonholes with embroidery and/or sewing thread once this has dried. I wore the sweater to church this morning before I blocked it (one compliment so far), and the buttonholes were already stretching a bit too much (and they're only 1 stitch wide!).
This is an accomplishment for me. I've knit a couple of sleeveless tops and neither of those came out well. One (made from Phentex, which was really the biggest problem) is living an ashamed life, hidden in a bin. The other was worn in public a couple times and then frogged. It's going to be a vest in its next life, I think.
Anyway, I'm very happy with how this sweater came out. I made a few mistakes here and there, but I doubt anyone's going to come up and demand to examine how I picked up the stitches on the underarm of one of the sleeves.
The only thing I'm not sure I like about the sweater is the length of the arms. Nearly everything is too long for me, so I always fold up the cuffs on my sweaters. I don't have to do that with this one, and it feels strange. The sleeves are actually the right length. Crazy.