14 June 2009

project complete!

It is always encouraging when I actually finish a project. I have more FOs than UFOs, but a few days ago, it seemed like ages since I had bound anything off (without the bind-off being a step that was to be followed by picking up stitches and doing some more knitting).

Fetching is finished. The gloves are really pretty, too. I learned the basics of cabling and how to do a picot bind-off, which was a lot of fun. These are a little warm to wear in June, but it's a good time to be knitting them. I knit about half of one Friday night, and all but the thumbs and a few rows of the second one yesterday. I finished them this afternoon.

I worked on Shipwreck yesterday, too, but I was hanging out in the park with a bunch of other knitters and it was mostly too warm to work with alpaca. I want to finish it but it's taking a while. I am thinking about making my border smaller. I am a short person and it's already going to be a big shawl. I'm not sure about it, though. I almost want to take it off the needles so I can get an idea of just how big it's going to be, but the work that would involve makes me cringe. I'll have to make up my mind eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment and I'll make sure it gets posted as soon as possible. I currently get so few comments that I moderate to avoid spamming.